SBSA Indoor Training Facility at the Blue Ash Rec Center
The SBSA Indoor Training Facility is a year-round baseball training center made available because of space provided by the City of Blue Ash and training equipment provided by Champion's Baseball Academy. Located in the basement of the Blue Ash Recreation Center, the SBSA Center has a 70' x 20' pitching area with 3 pitching mound/catching tunnels and two additional tunnels for hitting training. The SBSA Center is available to SBSA registered teams year-round.
Team Practices at the SBSA Training Center
Teams at the C-1 Division and higher are now able to book practice time at the SBSA Training Center by clicking on the following web link: Team Practice Request Form Each team may book up to 2 hours per week during the months of January through March. For in season (April - June) use of the facility, each team from the D-2 level and above will be given one hour per week in the training center. This hour will be assigned by each league coordinator based on feedback from the coaches. More detailed information about scheduling team practices can be found in the following document: Scheduling Team Practices
Scheduling Team Practice Time
The following procedures should be followed to schedule a team practice at the SBSA Training Center.
1. Check the schedule published on the SBSA web site to determine what dates and times are available for team practices. You can find the schedule by navigating to the Training tab located on the top of the web site and navigating to the Important Documents menu. Choose the link titled Training Center Schedule. You can also find the schedule at this web link: Training Center Schedule (each month is on a separate page).
2. When you have found an open slot that you would like to schedule for a team practice, you must fill out an on-line request form that is available on the Training menu by choosing the Training Center Team Practice Request menu option. You can also find the request form at this web link: Training Center Team Practice Request
3. Fill out all information on the request form as completely as possible. Here are a few extra helpful tips:
a. If you are an older team booking time during a school night, please try to leave the earlier slots open for younger teams if possible.
b. The person whose name you list as the contact person for your team MUST be the person who checks in the team at the Blue Ash Recreation Center on practice day.
c. If for instance you want to book 5 weeks in a row at the same time, you only need to fill out one request and specify how many weeks in a row you’d like the practice time.
4. When you have successfully filled out all information, you should receive a confirmation email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, assume that your request was NOT received and try again. If on the second try you still do not receive a confirmation email, contact our SBSA Training Center Coordinator.
5. Once SBSA receives your scheduling request, we will confirm the time slot requested is available and if so, send an email confirming that the slot has been booked for you. If the time slot was already booked, you will also be notified via email.